River Belle

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: River Belle

Post by Dougster » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Ah well, wouldn't wish that on you. Give some pics of vacation in compensation?

Dougster

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:38 pm

jacquesmm wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am
I am not working on it.
I switched back to the Tarpon Skiff for the Port Aransas Plywooden show:

I work on those line since almost 2 years: promised an epoxy-plywood version. The lines are done but we changed our mind 3 times about propulsion. The original is an inboard but the boat yard wants an outboard. First, I designed an ugly tunnel and scrapped it. I tried a bracket but it is not pretty either, the final version is a standard motor well.
I am working on some production drawings now, the plans will be shown at the Plywooden Festival. While I do that, the River Belle concept matures in mind.
I"ll go for a little 4 weeks to the Keys in April and will restart the River Belle in May.
JM, have you managed to get the Tarpon Skiff plans done for the Plywooden show?"
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

SURRYEQUIP
New Poster
New Poster

Post by SURRYEQUIP » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am

I definitely will buy a set of plans. The impression I got with River Belle is the windows, deckhouse, and low freeboard are the issue. I agree a raised deck would be good. I am looking for a couples boat- that's about the right size and I live in shallow water. Put me down for a set, ready to start today- and I already bought a set of Atkins plans but more modern material is what I want.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun May 20, 2018 6:04 am

glossieblack wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:38 pm
jacquesmm wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am
I am not working on it.
I switched back to the Tarpon Skiff for the Port Aransas Plywooden show:

I work on those line since almost 2 years: promised an epoxy-plywood version. The lines are done but we changed our mind 3 times about propulsion. The original is an inboard but the boat yard wants an outboard. First, I designed an ugly tunnel and scrapped it. I tried a bracket but it is not pretty either, the final version is a standard motor well.
I am working on some production drawings now, the plans will be shown at the Plywooden Festival. While I do that, the River Belle concept matures in mind.
I"ll go for a little 4 weeks to the Keys in April and will restart the River Belle in May.
JM, have you managed to get the Tarpon Skiff plans done for the Plywooden show?"
Jacques, bumping this question now that you're back.
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Tue May 22, 2018 1:02 pm

The plans are done but need some drafting for presentation.
I"ll work on it this week, I need about 40 hours.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

SURRYEQUIP
New Poster
New Poster

Post by SURRYEQUIP » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Any progress?

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Tina is on the back burner again.
I accepted to design a longer XF20 and after that re-engineer some designs for foam sandwich.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com