GV13 capacity?

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
piperdown
Active Poster
Active Poster

GV13 capacity?

Post by piperdown » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 pm

What's the capacity of the GV13 built to spec?

Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Evan_Gatehouse
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: GV13 capacity?

Post by Evan_Gatehouse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Enough for several people :). Let's put it this way. A GV10 with 4 is OK, a GV11 with 6 is crowded. A GV13 with 3 or 4 people fishing would be ok (better 3 than 4). Carrying people from A-B? Maybe 5 or 6 would be "full"

Amateur built boats don't have a legal weight capacity like series built manufactured boat - common sense should be your guide.

Is this enough to answer your question?
designer: FB11/GV10,11,13/ HMD18/
SK17,MM21/MT24

piperdown
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by piperdown » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 am

Evan_Gatehouse wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 pm
Enough for several people :). Let's put it this way. A GV10 with 4 is OK, a GV11 with 6 is crowded. A GV13 with 3 or 4 people fishing would be ok (better 3 than 4). Carrying people from A-B? Maybe 5 or 6 would be "full"

Amateur built boats don't have a legal weight capacity like series built manufactured boat - common sense should be your guide.

Is this enough to answer your question?
Guess my question should have been better worded, but I was tired. Yes, I meant more about how many people comfortably instead of weight.
You answered it perfectly Evan, thank you.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

tcason
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tcason » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 am

I run my Garvey 13 with 5 people on board to dinner - not crowded until somebody wants to move............

I limit fishing to two people unless everybody is really experienced then maybe three fisherman.

Love my Garvey 13 run in the Chesapeake Bay unless there are rollers and whitecaps together.