OB21 possible?

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OB21 possible?

Post by jacquesmm » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Good plan.
Study the nesting drawing. I guess you will need 2 extra sheets of 6 mm (there is room for larger bottom panels) and one 10 mm for the extra frame.
Maybe 2 extra 10 mm because of the longer stringers.

I don't always get involved in the discussions on the forum especially when the other builders give good advice but here, I see an idea that may be attractive to other builders. If I scale that drawing, I will add the sheets to the OB19 package and advertise it as a OB21 option.

Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Jondavis
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jondavis » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:38 pm

jacquesmm wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 pm
Good plan.
Study the nesting drawing. I guess you will need 2 extra sheets of 6 mm (there is room for larger bottom panels) and one 10 mm for the extra frame.
Maybe 2 extra 10 mm because of the longer stringers.

I don't always get involved in the discussions on the forum especially when the other builders give good advice but here, I see an idea that may be attractive to other builders. If I scale that drawing, I will add the sheets to the OB19 package and advertise it as a OB21 option.
I understand that you would be a busy guy if you answered 100% although you do a pretty good job I have spent many hours here ready threads and always see your presence. While I have you you here how do Feel about closing the transom in and adding a bracket if the boat is made 21’ in length I’ve read that’s the minimum length you like to do a bracket on.
Fs14-ls splashed 2-25-19

Jondavis
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jondavis » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Just purchased plans for an ob19 ready to get started!!
Fs14-ls splashed 2-25-19