D15

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here

D15

Post by guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi. I'm considering building the D15. Would a tiller extension and forward sitting position be necessary when only one person was on board?

cran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: D15

Post by cran » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 am

I built the bench version a couple of years ago. It's the green one in the gallery. I use a tiller extension as it is a long reach from the stern bench to tiller. I always sit on the stern bench or stand in front of it when I'm alone or with the kids.

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 pm

It kind of depends on which motor and how you lay it out...

necessary.. No.. but I use an extension and trim the motor up a bit when fishing alone.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks. That's kind of what I'm getting at. Is is necessary for proper trim with only one on board. I am thinking about the cockpit layout. It seems that layout might cause the boat to lean to one side and maybe squat in the back. Not sure if this boat is big enough to counter that tendency or not. I already have one boat that I use a tiller extension for and really want this one not to need one. Is the design of the bench version and full deck version with their forward sitting positions for the captain, to achieve better trim with only one on board?