Question on the HM19 and NV23?

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
L84lunch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Question on the HM19 and NV23?

Post by L84lunch » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Jacques,

I was wondering if you could explain the difference (if any) between the hull on the NV23 and the P19?

From the drawings in the image below, they look different (inside the red circle):

:? :?

If it is not the same hull, can the NV23 be shortened by 2ft and substitute the pilot house and cabin of the P19 :?:

L84lunch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by L84lunch » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 am

I am by no means an artist but here is a pic I combined in GIMP with the hull of the NV23 (shortened) and the Pilothouse and Cabin of the P19. Just trying to show what I am thinking :oops:

WazzaW

Post by WazzaW » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:53 am

Hi All,

Have been lurking here for a while trying to work out what / if I am going to do. Anyway, the below question on hulls has me curious, is there much of a difference between these two?

Cheers
Wazza

L84lunch wrote:
jacquesmm wrote:What you describe is the Pilot19 (P19):
Jacques,

I was wondering if you could explain the difference (if any) between the hull on the NV23 and the P19?

From the drawings in the image below, they look different (inside the red circle):

If it is not the same hull, can the NV23 be shortened by 2ft and substitute the pilot house and cabin of the P19 :?:

Wazza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Wazza » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:13 am

Hi Jacques,

I too am interested in the differences of the hulls below. Is there a major difference?

Cheers
Wazza
L84lunch wrote:
jacquesmm wrote:
Jacques,

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:14 am

You see the difference: a deeper forefoot.
I prefer that but can not do it easily with a 19' hull. The plywood bending radius is larger in a 23', much larger and I can shape it better.
There is not a major difference in behavior.
You can not scale down the 23 to get that deep forefoot in a 19 unless you begin to cut slits there.

Back to the original question: you can change the length and style of the pilothouse, no problem at all. You can't change the hull.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com