Details regarding Rebecca building methods...

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Mattchew
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Mattchew » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:07 pm

I´m already looking for the next boat to build, now that my V10 is complete, and I´ve been looking at the Rebecca. I love the looks of this boat!<BR><BR>Does the Rebecca require jig-building, lofting and planking? Not that this is bad, in fact, it should probably be the next step in my amateur boatbuilding experience. I would just like to know more of what to expect before I order plans.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>Matt

Matthew R. Faske

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:55 am

No lofting but a jig, yes.<BR>The planking is similar to our OD´s, C19 etc.: two overlapping side panels.<BR>The Rebecca is <!-- BBCode Start --><B>not</B><!-- BBCode End --> a stitch and glue boat: woodworking skills are required.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Mattchew
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Mattchew » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:00 am

That sounds perfect! I´ve been looking at plans from a lot of different sources, and I´m not real crazy about lofting, but I have plenty of woodworking skills... plus the confidence I have in your plans from my V10 experience makes the Rebecca the ideal choice! Thanks for everything.<BR><BR>Matt
Matthew R. Faske