How to register your newly built boat

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
bateau-webmaster
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: How to register your newly built boat

Post by bateau-webmaster » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:10 am

There we go stickied once again.

Cracker Larry wrote:Build on 8)
Jamie Fisk
Order Desk, Webmaster
Boat Builder Central, Bateau

bateau-webmaster
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bateau-webmaster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:24 am

Gino wrote:Bexar and Guadalupe county Tx. San Antonio is the largest city in area.

Take receipts and cash to Fish and Game office. Do not take boat.

Show that you have receipts ( they won't look at them). Pay $25 fee to register boat as homemade. Schedule an apt with game warden to examine boat

Return for inspection. Warden will go through short checklist. 5 min if that.

Paid $80 and received all numbers and paperwork. Game warden only wants to verify it is homemade, could care less about pics or paperwork.

Office staff was clueless what was needed. Game Warden was decent and moved process quickly.

Painless.
Cracker Larry wrote:Build on 8)
Jamie Fisk
Order Desk, Webmaster
Boat Builder Central, Bateau

Christer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Christer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Regulations for Norway (in case there are more Norwegians building their own boats or looking to do so and register the boat afterwards):

In Norwegian (English translation follows):

Full tekst: https://www.redningsselskapet.no/sbr/re ... asjonskrav

Punkt D) er av interesse for selvbygde båter.
d) Er båten selvbygget, skal kopi av kontrakt for leie av støpeform, kopi av kvitteringer på kjøp av halvfabrikat og/eller materialer brukt i konstruksjon legges ved. Bilde(r) av båten kan legges ved for å dokumentere produksjonen. Ved selvbygg der båten er bygd fra grunnen av, dvs. den er støpt/sveiset/snekret av eier, trenger ikke båten og CE–merkes. Det trenger den heller ikke hvis den selges etter at det har gått 5 år i fra ferdigstillelse. Hvis båt skal selges før det har gått 5 år i fra ferdigstillelse må båten CE–merkes.
I korte trekk må man kunne dokumentere ved hjelp av bilder at man har bygget båten selv før den kan registreres i Småbåtregisteret. Merk at man ikke får forsikret båten om den ikke er registrert og registreringsskilt utstedt.

Nyregistrering koster NOK450,-.

Skjema for registrering finnes her: https://www.redningsselskapet.no/sbr/re ... 5a18bf75d4

ENGLISH:

Full text: https://www.redningsselskapet.no/sbr/re ... asjonskrav

Article D) is of particular interest for home-built boats.
d) If the boat is home-built, a copy of the invoice/rental contract for the mold as well as receipts for the purchase of prefabricated parts and/or materials used for the construction must accompany the registration form. Pictures of the boat can also be submitted as documentation for the build. In cases where the boat is made by the owner from the ground up, i.e. molded/welded/built from wood by the owner, the boat does not require CE approval. Likewise it does not require a CE approval if sold more than 5 years after completion. If the boat is to be sold within 5 years of completion, a CE approval is required.
The short version is that you need to be able to document your build to register it in the Norwegian Register of Small Boats (Småbåtregisteret). Note that you cannot insure your boat without it being registered and have had a license plate issued.

New registrations cost NOK 450,-.

Application form is here: https://www.redningsselskapet.no/sbr/re ... 5a18bf75d4
8ft dinghy built in 1992, BBV sufferer ever since.