Whaler Type Garvey 17

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
anonymous

Whaler Type Garvey 17

Post by anonymous » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:57 pm

Just wondering if anyone´s built this boat and if so, would you have any pictures/comments on the boat and the plans? I´ve built a 20´ Osprey Triple Kayak and I´m looking for a combination ski/fishing plan to build this winter. <BR>Any comments, good or bad (especially pictures ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,<BR><BR>Al Finney

Skydad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Whaler Type Garvey 17

Post by Skydad » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:21 pm

There are a couple of boats getting close to being finished, but I know of no pictures yet. The plans haven´t been out very long. Jacques did tell me that the boat was easier to build than the OB17 just for your info.
Richard Warner

Louisiana: America's Banana Repu

DaveProka
Active Poster
Active Poster

Whaler Type Garvey 17

Post by DaveProka » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:25 am

I´ve been awaiting photographs and builder comments on this design too. There are a couple of builders out there who have said they are close and a few people who planned to build it but opted for the OB17 or stepped up to the C19 or C21 instead. The only comments so far are that it´s a sturdy boat, but it´s hard to know what that means.<BR><BR>To those who are building this fine boat- please attach photos. Construction photos, anything.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Dave P
Modified GV13- Mad Russian