Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Joe's P19

Post by cedarock » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm

That is looking sharp Joe! I can't remember how tall my seat boxes are but they are perfect for me with a 34 inch inseam. I think they are close to 18 inches tall with a seat mounted. I will measure them this weekend. I find myself standing most of the time when running.

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 am

Mine are tall enough that you need a footrest; tall enough to see over the cabin. And I'm not actually joking! :) I know they changed a lot from what the plans called for, but measuring mine doesn't do too much good.

There's at least an inch for the seat swivel. My seats actually were about 2 1/2" tall (butt to swivel) yours may vary. Either make them tall for now or just wait until you're further along. You will need the windshield cutouts mounted, then start with about 16 or 18", and your actual seat and swivel(if available) and then stack 2x4's, scraps of ply, phone books etc. until you are getting the picture through the windshield that you want.

ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ericsil » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 pm

I am only 5'-7" tall. By the time I thought I had a good line of sight through the windshield I needed a short foot rest to put my feet on. I think you are just going to have to experiment, as suggested, until you get the position you like. That is one of the advantages of building your own boat.

Dog Fish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Dog Fish » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Joe, she is starting to come together and looking mighty fine, I bet the anticipation is starting to grow. You are doing a professional job for sure. I like your cradle too, well supported. Keep up the terrific work my friend.

Brian...........I like your boat Joe.......... 8)

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks guys, I wanted to build the boxes this weekend and install then before I put any fairing down, the bottom of my windshield will be at the same hight as the HM19 and the P19 as designed.

It's like the biggining of the build all over again Brian, I can't wait to get out there and get some work done on her, problem is I can't afford to get everything I need to keep rocking like right now! ha. And of course there's family, fishing and work that keeps getting in the way. :D

Life is GOOD.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

fastlane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fastlane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 am

Joe,
When i first saw what you wanted to do i was like WTH.. but now that i look at it i LOVE it. I wonder if its to late to get the sawzall out and modify my P21 :)

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 am

I wonder if its to late to get the sawzall out and modify my P21
FS,
Never to late, take a look at what cedarock did with his HM19! Looked great before, Looks great now and better suits his needs.

Thanks
Joe H

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 am

That looks great, Joe 8) Good modification!
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Looking great. I am curious if your modifications was more fashion or function .

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks Larry, man I sure am gonna miss not seeing you guys down south this year.

mecreature,

I really liked the look of the hardtop, I even went as far as putting the rear frame up but kept hitting my head on it, I couldn't see keeping it there as a permanent structure, so it started out as purely function but now, after seeing it partly designed, fashion ain't so bad!

Joe H