Southeastern Builders Meet 5/31 -> 6/1/2014

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Southeastern Builders Meet 5/31 -> 6/1/2014

Post by tech_support » Fri May 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Looks like I can supply some fresh mangrove snapper for tomorrow if we need more fish, the rail road bridge across from our place is swarming with them

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ks8 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Had some heavy rain late Saturday afternoon, some sideways, but mostly straight down. Nice full double rainbow to end it, with clearing skies for sunset runs.

A big thank you to all those who coordinated and encouraged this event. It was a pleasure to meet you all, and a much needed day off with a fine group of boat builders and their families. The food was excellent too. :) Hats off to those whose designs and efforts are the common glue of forming such communities.

Just another boat builder,
KS8

:)

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Arrived back home about 3:30 this afternoon. I think a great time was had by all! Plenty of good stories on the porch, as usual. Stunningly good weather for the most part, despite a terrible looking forecast. Food was indeed great! Thanks to Richard for loading us up with enough fish to feed an army. Several folks were fortunate enough to take some fish home :D I snapped a few pictures with my phone, but thanks to a little "slip and fall" incident at the ramp Saturday night, the phone is currently out of commission :? (phone works but won't take a charge = dead for now) :wink: Once I get that taken care of tomorrow, I'll post some pictures.

Thanks to Robin for discussing business with me Friday night, so now I'm able to write this off as a business trip :D :D :D
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 pm

[quote="majorgator"]I think a great time was had by all!

I'll second that! Had a great time just kicking back and making new friends. Seth saved the day by turning a barbecue into A fish fry.
Food was great lots of beautiful boats
Thanks Jaques and Joel
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

crackedconch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by crackedconch » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:25 pm

My wife and I had a great time meeting everyone. Thanks to all for putting it on and all the great food. Also, wanted to thank Wade and Robin for giving me a ride in their OB19 and talking me into building one. :D

Mike

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 am

Always nice to see familiar faces and meet some new ones :) Thank you Richard for the fish, and thank you Seth for cooking. Sorry the jet boat gave out before everyone could get a ride :(

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm glad I was able to come by and enjoy the company of the great people of this community.

I was able to get the one and only ride on the jet boat and let me tell you...... it was awesome. Joel, I had to stop by the glasses place on the way home to get them straight again. We were going about 50mph or so when I barely turned my head and the were ripped off my face... 8O

Seth, Thanks for all the work you put into the food and frying the fish. You live pretty close. We have to hook up some time and get more fresh fish.

Now if I can just start working on the TX 18 and finish that bad boy before the next one.....

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks to everybody who came and special thanks to those who brought food and cooked it.
First meeting with KS8 after all those years of posting. I was glad to see Derek too but hope he will bring the TX18 at the next meeting.
The JetAbout ran superbly until we had that engine problem. I pushed all the wrong buttons on my phone camera and don
';t have anything to show but I think Wadestep made a good movie of the JetAbout at speed and we should see it soon.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:46 pm

I have videos
Need email address to send to
. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

tech_support
Very Active Poster