ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by glossieblack » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:19 am

I've spent a pleasant Sunday cleaning up the shed, measuring up and preparing a list of materials needed to construct the decks, and then visiting Bunnings to get what I still need.

I found myself thinking of Cracker Larry's words of wisdom and wit over the years, and hoping for his speedy recovery. :D

Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:22 am

Hey Michael, I had a pleasant Sunday getting ready to get beat up by cyclone Debbie!

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 am

Lee, do you rate Debbie as a greater threat than any of the ones since Yasi?
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 am

glossieblack wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 am
Yes, Debbie is potentially right up there with Yasi! It's a BIG system and forecast to wind up to Cat 4, maybe Cat 5. Hopefully, it will cross the coast where there aren't too many people. :?
Last edited by BarraMan on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

dyeman
New Poster
New Poster

Post by dyeman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 am

Hi Glossie it's probably too late but I have a few no-longer-used computer heat sinks of various shapes and sizes, some with copper heat pipes so should be able to drag a fair bit of heat away even with low airflow. I live in the area so no problem getting them to you (and I'd love to peek at your work of art :D).

In any case you'll probably need some spares (my experience is that salt air does not do wonders for the inside of computers :lol: )

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:49 pm

BarraMan wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 am
glossieblack wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 am
Yes, Debbie is potentially right up there with Yasi! It's a BIG system and forecast to wind up to Cat 4, maybe Cat 5. Hopefully, it will cross the coast where there aren't too many people. :?
Good luck with it Lee. Seems she'll eye you off, up close and personal, around midnight.

I'll PM you Dyeman. You're most welcome to check out Skinnydip.

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Anyone hear anything on gb's status? Just watched the news and the storm damage looked bad in some places.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks for thinking of us Mr Paul.

Many thousands of residents along the tropical and subtropical sections of Australia's eastern coastline copped a flogging from Tropical Cyclone Debbie, either directly from destructive winds, or from consequent destructive and widely spread flooding.

Debbie largely spared us. We lost power for a couple of days, and had to chainsaw ourselves out of our property due to large trees down. We're counting our blessings.

With TC Debbie's impacts behind us, it's back to boat building this morning. But first breakfast in sunshine for the first time in a week.:D

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fuzz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:15 pm

GB it is great to hear you made it through in good shape. A lot of us were wondering about you. I hope that beautiful sail boat rode it out ok also.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Good to hear you didn't get done over by Debbie, Michael. We didn't even get some water in our dam.