FS18 Boat Cover

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Mikem59
Active Poster
Active Poster

FS18 Boat Cover

Post by Mikem59 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:15 am

Currently, I’m using a tarp to cover my FS18. I’ve searched internet for one and haven’t found anything that appears to be suitable. Has anyone else found a good boat cover that’ll fit the FS18. Note, I have a poling platform as well? Otherwise I may just cut down this tarp and put in some new grommets for a better fit.

johnstonjosh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS18 Boat Cover

Post by johnstonjosh » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Im looking for one as well. I was using a tarp but after heavy rains, the whole sole to gunwale area was flooded! I had something under the tarp to help the water run off but it fell.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Guys, I have a company down here on the Treasure Coast that will make custom covers for you but he is not cheap. Do you want me to reach out to him and get him to price out a custom cover for you (FS18's)? He can use the one being built here at the shop as a model. I used him a little over four years ago, all Sunbrella Fabric, for my center console and it is still in great condition today!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:29 pm

and a v12.

I'm sick and tired of spending more time cleaning crap out of a covered boat. All I want is something that will fit "tight" around the boat. Everything I've got is for 16'+ boats.
Visit my official Class Globe 580 build blog at https://jaysenodell.com/globe-580
Currently starting a build of "Lil Bit More". A Class Mini 5.80
Class Mini 580 welcome post.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:48 pm

When we went to Chicago to pick up the FS14 and trailer I went to Academy and bought 16 foot jon boat cover. We put the extra wood and cloth in the boat and covered it. Even though the cover was not made for that style boat it did fit very well. It came with like 6 or 7 straps. We straped it on good and tight then drove the 1600 miles back to Houston. Only thing that happened was where I cut the ends of the straps short they frayed from the 70+ MPH we were doing at times. Once in Houston it was rained on a few times and the water just rolled off nd was in our very old warehouse. It was less than $70.00. You could find a cheap one that fits good and take it back and up grade to the more expensive one in the same style.

Mikem59
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mikem59 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks all for the input. Jaysen and Johnstonjosh like you both said, the tarp isn’t secured well, crap still gets in the boat and it doesnt shed rain well.

Jeff, hold off on pricing one, I may give Orangequest’s option a try as I’m here in Texas as well. I’ll make a run to the Academy just down the road to check out what they have and if it’s an option for the FS18. If I don’t think that option will work out I may get back to you.

Mikem59
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mikem59 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Update: Bought the 18-20’ boat cover along with a pole to support it and drain water off from Academy and it works well. It covers the entire boat with the sightcasting and poling platforms with the exception of the motor. The fit is pretty good and snug.

johnstonjosh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by johnstonjosh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks for the info. i will look into it for mine.