Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:34 am

Luke, glad to see the progress!! Have a good holiday weekend, Jeff

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:06 pm

Big update. It's been two months, but I managed to get the cam broke in. Here's a video, ignore the fact that there is no exhaust, I couldn't wait for The right parts

https://youtu.be/NEMDJIOo-4U

Hopefully, I can get the drive installed and on the water by thanksgiving. Stay tuned for more videos.

Luke

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:42 pm

8) 8) 8)

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Luke, great to get an good update!!! She sounds excellent!! Jeff

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair (it runs) update

Post by Lucas H. » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Holidays have been long. I finally got the boat on the water. I had issues at first. One was the fact that I didn't open the valve coming off the pump for my cooling water so it over heated and blew a hose. Once I got that fixed and water added to it it runs good and doesn't get hot. The water temp is so cold right now on the bay, but it never got over 160. I don't run a thermostat.
Then after running it awhile I wanted to see how shallow it will run. Turns out 6" is it. Yep, I stuck it. I was thrown into the wheel and bruised my legs pretty good. Other than spending 3 hours getting it off the sand bar it was fun. I have some videos. They are not good quality, but I am waiting to get better weather to shoot better videos. I know I don't have a windshield or bar, but don't care. It's in the works.

p.s. It will do 50mph. And throw one hell of a rooster tail.

https://youtu.be/6QOTnkl3XxU

https://youtu.be/RNKQWFNacdg

https://youtu.be/kJLtyP3ggq8

Luke

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Too cool!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

txjm
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by txjm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 am

Lucas H. wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Holidays have been long. I finally got the boat on the water. I had issues at first. One was the fact that I didn't open the valve coming off the pump for my cooling water so it over heated and blew a hose. Once I got that fixed and water added to it it runs good and doesn't get hot. The water temp is so cold right now on the bay, but it never got over 160. I don't run a thermostat.
Then after running it awhile I wanted to see how shallow it will run. Turns out 6" is it. Yep, I stuck it. I was thrown into the wheel and bruised my legs pretty good. Other than spending 3 hours getting it off the sand bar it was fun. I have some videos. They are not good quality, but I am waiting to get better weather to shoot better videos. I know I don't have a windshield or bar, but don't care. It's in the works.

p.s. It will do 50mph. And throw one hell of a rooster tail.

Awesome video. The place looks familiar. Where did you run it aground? Is that the hull that had been laying on the ground at the house kinda behind speedy stop off 16th street in poc? I haven’t looked lately but someone had a hull like that laying around since I have been fishing poc.

Yes I know I messed up the quote thing but can’t seem to fix it.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:35 am

Luke, Glad to see her running and in the water!!!! Jeff

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 pm

txjm wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 am

Awesome video. The place looks familiar. Where did you run it aground? Is that the hull that had been laying on the ground at the house kinda behind speedy stop off 16th street in poc? I haven’t looked lately but someone had a hull like that laying around since I have been fishing poc.

Yes I know I messed up the quote thing but can’t seem to fix it.
Yes, POC. And yes that place behind speedy stop is my dads. He has the other boat that they popped a mold off mine with. It is in bad shape so it will be trashed. Making mine the only one.
I ran aground between Sunday beach and fishpond entrance. Do you frequently visit? Cool to see someone else from POC on here.

Luke

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Jeff wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:35 am
Luke, Glad to see her running and in the water!!!! Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I couldn't have got this done with out you guys on here. I guess I could've subbed out the work but I couldn't afford it and I'd still be without a boat, plus I'm a do it yourself kinda person. Thank you all for your guidance. I will continue to come to the sight and see if I can be any help to the next guy, especially if he has a jet boat with an olds 455, lol.

And I need to get a proper video up as well.

Luke