ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by Jaysen » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:50 am

glossieblack wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:45 am
Like who needs to be in some sort of endless soap drama?
people with dogs that chase skunks?

GB, she’s looking amazing. With the bigger damper, it’s hard to see what else could be a factor. I’m betting on success. On the plus side, no one can suggest that you don’t know how to get the motor plumbed and wired at this point. You’ve certainly practiced it enough.

Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:22 am

Thanks Jaysen! Appreciated. :D

We awoke this morning sans the every day comforts underpinned by electricity. Living in a small and sparsely settled rural area, that meant no water pumps, toilet cistern refilling after flushing, hot water, lights etc.

At dawn a flight of pelicans had collided with and taken out the over-Noosa-River power line that allows us to live electrically enhanced idyllic semi wilderness lifestyles just over the river from the hustle and bustle of Noosa.

Then the phones started ringing from the neighbours. The line repair could take days. Who had candles, batteries, food, alcohol etc?.

There went any boatbuilding. But hey, it's kick started a great isolated community party! :lol:
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 am

When we lose power at the house, it turns into a big party cooking all the fish stocked in freezers. You eat it it feed sharks. There’s always enough liquor. Just have to remember who that “people with problems” are and pace their consumption.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 am

Michael, I’m surprised you aren’t equipped to happily go off grid ................... with a generator! :D

Up here in the wild north, where cyclones often threaten, with a gas b-b-q and a generator we happily go without power when required. I think our best effort is about 2 weeks off grid! :lol:

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:28 am

Lee, this is the first time we've lost power for more than a few minutes in over six years, so it's hard to justify the cost of installing an off-grid backup system.
Jaysen wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 am
There’s always enough liquor. Just have to remember who [the] “people with problems” are and pace their consumption.
Yes, it's important to remember to keep oneself tidy. :lol:

Got a few more electrical connections done today, and installed the hinged lid over the engine box instrument panel.

Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

cape man

Post by cape man » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:31 am

Yep...that will do. Show us a picture of all of her, especially her butt. 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:01 am

Really like your design of the instrument cluster and cover along with the whole engine cover!

Cape man! 8O
:lol: :lol:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:20 pm

cape man wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:31 am
Yep...that will do. Show us a picture of all of her, especially her butt. 8)
I am with CapeMan. every time I see her transom it reminds me of this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUMZ085VpHY

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 pm

I love that song! As a kid, we use to dance in the living room to that and a lot of Kenny Rogers and older country songs. Love the classic country.

I can't stand the rock songs that are called country now. :roll:

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:33 am

Oh dear.

Recent posts, Barry's excluded, would suggest that a certain part of Skinnydip is of particular interest to those approaching CLOOF status.

As a confirmed CLOOF who has nearly escaped the rule of the tool, my sympathies to each of you. :lol: